For more information, contact:
| Cathy Kawakami
Director of Corporate Communications
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
Advanced Energy Introduces Paramount® VHF Power Delivery Systems at SEMICON® Korea 2012
Leading thin-film power conversion solutions continue to set the standard in etch and deposition processes
SEOUL, South Korea, February 7, 2012
—Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (NasdaqGM: AEIS) today presented its new 40 and 60 MHz Paramount®
VHF power delivery solutions—the leading semiconductor tool suppliers’ product of choice for next-generation processes—at SEMICON®
Korea 2012. The wide-output, high-accuracy Paramount product platform now spans power levels from 1.5 to 8 kW and frequencies from 400 kHz to 60 MHz for precise RF impedance measurement and control across next-generation semiconductor processes. This newest addition to the Advanced Energy (AE) Paramount platform was recently selected to enable a customer’s sub-32 nm technology node processes, further validating AE’s leading RF power technology position.
“AE’s market-leading power conversion solutions continue to set precedence for high quality and high performance on etch and deposition process tools,” said Yuval Wasserman, president of AE Thin Films. “The Paramount family’s platform-based approach is the foundation for AE’s ongoing innovation in RF power delivery. The expanded range of the Paramount product line into VHF provides exceptional coverage across all next-generation semiconductor processes, and provides customers with a more flexible, scalable platform that streamlines integration as their needs evolve.”
Advanced Energy will be showcasing its broad line of industry-leading products and worldwide support for next-generation technologies at the SEMICON Korea exhibition, including:
- AE’s Paramount RF power delivery platform, including the new Paramount VHF, featuring a flexible digital architecture, pulsing and pulse synchronization, frequency tuning and a highly developed arc-management system;
- AE’s Korean-assembled HPG™ RF power delivery solution, supporting high-power RF requirements for demanding plasma applications. Field proven in the flat panel display and solar panel markets, the HPG RF solution provides a high degree of power control through advanced measurement and diagnostic capabilities. The product’s localized manufacturing highlights AE’s commitment to Korean customers as AE continues to grow its presence in this important region;
- Navigator II digital matching network, incorporating a new, tune-while-pulsing Pure Pulsed Plasma™ capability for highly stable plasma and smooth power delivery. Navigator II extends real-time plasma characterization via self-diagnostics and advanced metrology, and enhances accuracy via digital sensor technology;
- Ascent® and Pinnacle® Plus DC power supplies featuring power operation up to 60 kW, supporting a wide variety of thin-films applications;
- Sekidenko optical fiber thermometers (OFT) delivering high-speed, multi-channel temperature and emissivity measurement and control across multiple processes and substrates; and
- Xstream® remote plasma source with Active Matching Network™ for chamber clean.
SEMICON Korea, co-located with LED Korea, will take place at the COEX Exhibition Center in Seoul, February 7-9. To learn more about AE’s featured products, please visit the company in booth 2610 and the company’s event website at http://www.advanced-energy.com/en/sck2012.html.
About Advanced Energy
Advanced Energy (NasdaqGM: AEIS) is a global leader in innovative power and control technologies for high-growth, thin-film manufacturing and solar-power generation. Founded in 1981, Advanced Energy is headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, with dedicated support and service locations around the world. For more information, go to www.advanced-energy.com.
, Active Matching Network™, Ascent®
, HPG™, Navigator®
and Xstream® are U.S. trademarks of Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
is a trademark of Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI).